Despite your good intentions to take time to savour your fondue meal, it may have ended sooner than expected. After all, our perforated baskets can contain a lot of ingredients! Check out our tips—and find out how you can slow down and enjoy each Fondussimo meal longer!
Aim for variety, not speed
Fondussimo was designed to allow you to enjoy a wide variety of ingredients. By selecting foods that take different cooking times, the first bite may arrive in the first two minutes—but subsequent bites may take longer.
- Less than 1 minute: Crusty bread, omelettes, cheese curds, pre-cooked prawns, canned legumes
- 1-3 minutes: Baby spinach, rice vermicelli, thinly sliced meat, sweet corn, tofu
- 3-5 minutes: Salmon cubes, scallops, snow peas, asparagus, hot dog sausages
- 6-8 minutes: Beans, broccoli florets, baby peppers, beef cubes, commercial unblanched ravioli
- 10 minutes or more: Unblanched potatoes, cauliflower, Italian dry pasta, daikon, mushrooms
One basket, one food item
Instead of stacking food in one basket, each basket can be used exclusively for one ingredient at a time. This allows you to control the cooking of each ingredient to perfection. Why not take the opportunity to share baskets?
This way, the biggest eaters will be satisfied, and you will always have access to a wide range of ingredients to concoct your perfect bite.
By opting for a lighter fondue, with vegetables, fish or seafood, and cutting back on dense side dishes, like bread or rice, you’ll have more room to enjoy what really matters: your delicious toppings!
Avoid overloading baskets
The easiest way to prolong meal-time pleasure is to place 1 to 3 pieces per basket, depending on their size. Don’t add more! In addition to slowing down the pace, not overloading the baskets allows the broth to properly circulate between the pieces and produces a homogeneous cooking time for each.
With perforated baskets, Fondussimo offers a new way to enjoy fondue!
Much more versatile than the traditional fondue, this way of enjoying it may require some adjustments. But we’ll bet you’ll find it worth it to enjoy this festive meal even more!